I’ve been experimenting with different subtitles for my book Mercy not Sacrificeand I’m very interested in your opinion. I think I’ve narrowed the focus to critiquing and offering suggested alternatives for the “getting saved” phenomenon that predominates evangelicalism. So my audience is going to primarily be “Blue like Jazz” type evangelicals. But I’d love to package it in such a way so that mainliners or non-believers could get something out of it. I realize the subtitle isn’t that big a deal but I’m going to keep on mulling it over until I pick one so help me by choosing one of the following or proposing your own.
1) Getting saved / Salvation from “getting saved”
2) Salvation for recovering evangelicals
3) How Jesus is saving you/America from us/His people
4) “Getting saved” reconsidered
5) A deeper salvation
6) The Mystery of Salvation
7) What salvation could be
8) What did Jesus save us from?